Monday, December 31, 2012

Top 12 Books of 2012!

Here it is, everybody! Out of all the 141 books I read this year, I've narrowed down my favorite books of 2012 - my twelve most favorite books.

Here they are!



Read from April 20 to April 21




 12. A Monster Calls - Patrick Ness  

This book is so wonderful and beautiful and heartbreaking. If you're looking for a book that makes you feel all of the emotions possible, make sure that you pick up this book. Which if you haven't, what is wrong with you?! Get on that! A MONSTER CALLS is amazing.










Read from February 23 to February 25



11. Everneath - Brodi Ashton

WOW! Everneath is such a great re-telling of the Hades and Persephone myth. The writing style (I especially liked how we got the present as well as the past) was great; the characters were stunning; and the ending was heartbreaking, yet wonderful! And I've also gotten a chance to read EVERBOUND, which is great too. Brodi Ashton's debut novel was simply wonderful!


Read from October 13 to October 15



10. Between Shades of Gray - Ruta Sepetys 

Oh my gosh, talk about heartbreaking! Ruta Sepetys's debut novel deserves all the praise that it gets (which is definitely a lot!). If you haven't picked up this novel, where have you been? I don't read historical fiction a lot, but I want to read all historicals now that I've read this gem! I can't express to you how beautiful this book is.











Read from December 17 to December 18




9. Through the Ever Night - Veronica Rossi

I also read the first book, UNDER THE NEVER SKY, this year and loved it too, but OH. MY. GOSH. THROUGH THE EVER NIGHT?! One of the best sequels I have ever read! So many things happened in this novel (some good and some tragic), and I can't share my love of this series through a blog post. However, do yourself a favor and pick up this series.








Read from October 28 to October 30



8. The Archived - Victoria Schwab

Looking for excellent world-building? Make sure you buy THE ARCHIVED in January! Victoria Schwab's sophomore novel was great in every imaginable. I mean, a world where the dead rest on shelves like books? A main character who works as a Librarian to keep the dead in their place? And an ending you'll never see coming? THE ARCHIVED has it all.









Read on September 20





7. Ten - Gretchen McNeil

Read this in one night, guys! TEN has become my favorite mystery novel of all time, and Gretchen McNeil is just fantastic with her books! TEN was super fast-paced, intense, thrilling, and above all, one of the most expertly crafted novels I've ever read. Plus, that killer? Never saw it coming. TEN is fantastically one of the best books I've read all year.







Read from September 18 to September 19




6. What's Left of Me - Kat Zhang

Wow! Kat Zhang's debut novel is one of the best novels I've ever read. I adored Addie and Eva and their sisterly ways, as well as the entire world-building. The concept was very cool and original, and besides, so much action happened, I couldn't but read this book in less than 24 hours! I seriously hope that someone in Hollywood buys the film rights to WHAT'S LEFT OF ME, because I could totally see this being on the big screen. And now, I'm dying for the sequel, ONCE WE WERE! 






Read from August 16 to August 18




5. The Peculiar - Stefan Bachmann

The author is only 18?! THE PECULIAR is my favorite middle grade novel I have ever read. Such a beautiful setting, but with a dark twist of these hated changelings. And I loved the protagonist, Barthlomew, simply because he was a character that I could easily root for. And the ending was so emotion-shattering! I'm super happy there is a sequel, because for awhile, I didn't think that there was one. Because this book has such an evil cliffhanger! But I loved every second of it and this entire novel. 







Read from November 16 to November 23



4. Shades of Earth - Beth Revis

One of the best trilogy finales I have ever read! SHADES OF EARTH starts with a bang of action and never stops. Something deadly is roaming around, and once you find out what it is, your jaw will fall open. Guaranteed. And that ending? BETH REVIS, WERE YOU TRYING TO KILL ALL OF US WITH THAT ENDING?! Still, SHADES OF EARTH is by far the best book in the Across the Universe trilogy, and I applaud Revis for making such a wonderful trilogy. 







Read from November 30 to December 6




3. Out of the Easy - Ruta Sepetys 

Even though I loved BETWEEN SHADES OF GRAY, her second book blew me away so much. I was so sucked into the world of OUT OF THE EASY that I didn't want to leave it when the novel was over. Josie was one of the best protagonists that I've read all year long. And the entire concept was brilliant anyway. OUT OF THE EASY is without a doubt the best historical fiction that I have ever read, and make sure that you pre-order this book. You're only hurting yourself if you don't read this amazing book! 






Read from June 18 to June 21




2. Scarlet - Marissa Meyer

I won a contest from the author where I received an early ARC of SCARLET back in June, and let me tell you, SCARLET was even better than CINDER! Cinder and Scarlet as a pair of protagonists together was great, and since we get both of the girl's story, we get double the awesomeness! I want the third book, CRESS, so bad! Believe me when I say that you will love this sequel.








AND MY NUMBER ONE BOOK OF 2012 IS . . .

Read from February 1 to February 2




1. Incarnate - Jodi Meadows

If you know me at all, you know that I declared this my favorite book of ALL TIME back in February, and my opinion hasn't changed. INCARNATE is a beautiful, stunning, and incredible read that I push onto everybody. Dragons and sylph plus reincarnation plus a great heroine plus an outstanding ending! I mean, oh my gosh! INCARNATE is my favorite book of all time, and I highly, highly, HIGHLY AND STRONGLY suggest that you read this book right this second!







Alright guys, that's my Top 12 Books of 2012! What are yours? Leave them in the comments, or if you did your own blog post, link it to me in the comments so I can go check it out! 









4 comments:

  1. I just got Incarnate for Christmas and I'm super excited!! Loved your 12!


    Here's my top 12:

    http://annakatereads.blogspot.com/2012/12/top-12-favorite-books-of-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Top 7! :)
    http://salimakorri.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/top-books-of-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I'm such a huge fan of Between Shades of Gray, I absolutely ADORE that book! And Out of The Easy is my most anticipated book of 2013, so I'm so glad to hear you liked it!

    Clearly I really need to read all the books on this list that I haven't yet! I've heard so many great things about Cinder, so maybe I'll bump it up my reading list!

    Chloe @ YA Booklover Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favourate book of 2012 has to be THE FORSAKEN BY LISA M STASSE

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I read every comment and truly appreciate them. I would love to hear your thoughts! If you leave a comment, I'll be sure to leave a comment back on your blog ASAP! -Brad