Saturday, February 11, 2012

Book Review: Twisted - Sara Shepard

TWISTED:
Published: July 5, 2011
Publisher: HarperTeen
Format: Hardcover
Page Count: 305 pages
Series: Book 9 in the Pretty Little Liars series
*Pretty Little Liars is a hit TV Show as well!*

It’s been a year since the torturous notes from A stopped and the mystery of Alison DiLaurentis’s disappearance was finally put to rest. Now seniors in high school, Aria, Spencer, Hanna and Emily are older, but they’re not any wiser. The Pretty Little Liars have more secrets than ever - twisted secrets that could destroy the perfect lives they’ve worked so hard to rebuild.

Aria’s jealous of her boyfriend’s new exchange student. Spencer’s getting a little too cozy with her soon-to-be-stepbrother. Hanna’s one scandalous photo away from ruining her dad’s Senate campaign. And Emily will do anything to get a swim scholarship.

Worst of all: Last spring break in Jamaica, they did something unforgivable. The girls are desperate to forget that fateful night, but they should know better than anyone that all secrets wash ashore … eventually.

"In the ninth book of the highly addictive Pretty Little Liars series, I honestly was suspecting to be disappointed. Believe me, I wasn't. Sara Shepard came back strong in this novel, and I'm very pleased!"

I've loved the Pretty Little Liars series by Sara Shepard since November 15, 2011, when I read the first book. Ever since then, I've found this series very addicting and hard to put down. And this series was originally suppose to be eight books. I was expecting a story that was just continuing on and on, but this book was absolutely incredible, as every Sara Shepard book is. 

This book was very fast-paced and wonderful. 

First, the characters. As always, I expect the same from each character. I expect Hanna to be a preppy jerk, Spencer to be also preppy, but not so much of a jerk, Aria to just be kind of nice, but can snap on anyone, and Emily to be the sweet and innocent one. Sara Shepard does a great job giving these characters teen qualities that, in fact, do actually seem realistic.

Next, the writing style and pacing. As always, Sara Shepard is a skilled writer and knows how to pace her books well. Her writing style is beyond belief because she makes me think I'm in Rosewood with our characters, right beside them as they go through everything that they are going through. It's hard for a writer to make me feel that way.

Then, we have A. A is so despicable and wicked and cruel, but I hate to love him/her and love to hate him/her. Sara Shepard delivers one of the best villains of all time. The way that A has all this information on all these girls and uses it against them to blackmail them just always makes me excited when A comes up during parts in the book!

Finally, the novel itself. Twisted did deliver everything I was hoping it would and more. I highly recommend you go check out this series! 

My Rating:


1 comment:

Thank you so much for stopping by! I read every comment and truly appreciate them. I would love to hear your thoughts! If you leave a comment, I'll be sure to leave a comment back on your blog ASAP! -Brad