Monday, April 1, 2013

Brad About Books: Fear by Michael Grant

Read from March 9 to 11, 2013
FEAR
Published: April 3, 2012
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books (Harper)
Format: Hardcover
Page Count: 509 pages
Source: Amazon.com
Series: Gone, #5

It's been one year since all the adults disappeared. Gone.

Despite the hunger and the lies, even despite the plague, the kids of Perdido Beach are determined to survive. Creeping into the tenuous new world they've built, though, is perhaps the worst incarnation yet of the enemy known as the Darkness: fear.

Within the FAYZ, life breaks down while the Darkness takes over, literally—turning the dome-world of the FAYZ entirely black. In darkness, the worst fears of all emerge, and the cruelest of intentions are carried out. But even in their darkest moments, the inhabitants of the FAYZ maintain a will to survive and a desire to take care of the others in their ravaged band that endures, no matter what the cost.

Fear, Michael Grant's fifth book in the bestselling dystopian Gone series, will thrill readers . . . even as it terrifies them.



Fear is a fantastic addition to this epic series. Masterful and chilling, I can't get enough of the FAYZ!

Let me start of by saying that the Gone series is one of my absolute favorite series of all time. Every time I read one of these books, I feel like I have emerged into this world, and I'm always totally obsessed with the book. And Fear was no exception: in fact, it was one of my favorites of the series thus far. The concept was so... different and amazing. Darkness overtaking the FAYZ?! This is exactly what this series needed, because every book is so original and unique. Michael Grant did a stellar job with this installment.

What I'm super impressed about this series is that not a single book drags or isn't as good as its predecessors. And with a six-book series and each one at least 450 pages, that is a major accomplishment. I notice that I find something different in each book in this series that captivates and hooks me into the world even more. With Fear, the character development sky-rocketed! Astrid? She turns amazing in this novel. Diana? I actually loved her! Drake? EVEN. CREEPIER. 

Another thing that I loved about Fear was the fact that new territory was explored of the FAYZ. I hadn't seen some parts of the dome, and the way that Grant explored and showed them blew my mind. This is series has my favorite world-building, and it was even better in the fifth book. I highly recommend these books to everybody!

Overall, Fear was simply fantastic. This series is definitely in my top favorites of all time!

M Y   R A T I N G

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I read every comment and truly appreciate them. I would love to hear your thoughts! If you leave a comment, I'll be sure to leave a comment back on your blog ASAP! -Brad