Saturday, April 13, 2013

Brad About Books: The Slither Sisters by Charles Gilman

Read on March 26, 2013
THE SLITHER SISTERS
Published: January 15, 2013
Publisher: Quirk
Format: Hardcover
Page Count: 174 pages
Source: RAK
Series: Lovecraft Middle School, #2

My review from other books in this series:

This review is spoiler free, even if you haven't read the first book.

Loads of fun and peculiarly mysterious, The Slither Sisters is a whirlwind of craziness! I can't get enough of this school! 

Robert, Glenn, and our gang of characters become significantly better with their character development. And now that we get to explore the lives of the creepy and strange twins Sarah and Sylvia Price, it's clear in my mind that The Slither Sisters was even better than its predecessor. Gilman knows how to create a wonderful ensemble! 

The action was super awesome in this sequel! More monsters, mischief, and madness ensues in The Slither Sisters, and I was honestly taken aback by the events that happened! I loved seeing what crazy and whacky things popped out of Gilman's imagination, and wow, was it vivid and epic! I could picture everything moving along in my head so smoothly, plus the illustrations helped out (and they were great as well).

And like any Lovecraft Middle School book, the ending was crazy! I flew through those pages - it  was that fast-paced. I was on the edge of my seat for the last 40 pages, and I absolutely loved it.

Overall, The Slither Sisters was an awesome sequel. This series promises to become a hit!

M Y   R A T I N G

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I read every comment and truly appreciate them. I would love to hear your thoughts! If you leave a comment, I'll be sure to leave a comment back on your blog ASAP! -Brad