Friday, February 8, 2013

Brad About Books: Crash by Nicole Williams


CRASH
Published: December 18, 2012
Publisher: HarperTeen
Format: Paperback
Page Count: 384 pages
Source: Amazon.com
Series: Crash, #1

Jude Ryder and Lucy Larson are this generation's Romeo and Juliet: Explosive. Sizzling. Tragic.

A steamy summer encounter with bad boy Jude means trouble for Lucy. Her sights are set on becoming a ballerina, and she won't let anything get in her way . . . except Jude.

He's got a rap sheet, dangerous mood swings, and a name that's been sighed, shouted, and cursed by who knows how many girls.

Jude's a cancer, the kind of guy who's fated to ruin the lives of girls like Lucy—and he tells her so.

But as rumors run rampant and reputations are destroyed, Lucy's not listening to Jude's warning. Is tragedy waiting in the wings? This racy romance is hot, hot, hot!



CRASH is a fast-paced and definitely not what I expected kind of read. Readers will be intrigued by the love between these starcrossed teenagers! 

Let me say this: Contemporary? Not a big fan. Now there are some contemporary books I do enjoy (CrackedTake a Bow), but when I read, I like to be taken to a fantastical world that I know could never exist. Which is why I don't really read contemporary. But oh man, I was blown away by CRASH! It has some element in it that made it... addictive. I wanted to know more about Lucy and Jude and was very interested to see if there relationship would bloom! 

The writing style has a very casual tone to it; I felt that the author captured the feeling of being a teenager very well. The emotions, the scandals, the heartbreak, everything that a teen protagonist is expected to be put through in a YA contemporary can be found in CRASH.

And I can see what drove Lucy wild about Jude. It seems like all the girls in YA fiction (and some in reality too) fall for the bad boy, which I honestly don't understand. But I do have to say that CRASH does have a bit of insta-love in it, so be cautious about it. But I did love both of the characters and the entire ensemble of characters -except Lucy's mom. She pushed it a couple of times for me to bare.

The ending doesn't leave on a cliffhanger, but there is a CRAZY scene that made my jaw fall open. And now I definitely have to get to CLASH sometime soon!

Overall, CRASH is one of my absolute favorite contemporary novels (which isn't saying a whole lot, since I don't read many). Addictive and heart-pulsing, CRASH will make your heart soar and your world come tumbling down.

M Y   R A T I N G:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I read every comment and truly appreciate them. I would love to hear your thoughts! If you leave a comment, I'll be sure to leave a comment back on your blog ASAP! -Brad