Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Brad About Books: Dare You To by Katie McGarry

Read from July 23 to 24, 2013
DARE YOU TO
Published: May 28, 2013
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Format: Hardcover
Page Count: 456 pages
Source: Purchased
Series: Pushing the Limits, #2


Ryan lowers his lips to my ear. "Dance with me, Beth."



"No." I whisper the reply. I hate him and I hate myself for wanting him to touch me again...

"I dare you..."

If anyone knew the truth about Beth Risk's home life, they'd send her mother to jail and seventeen-year-old Beth who knows where. So she protects her mom at all costs. Until the day her uncle swoops in and forces Beth to choose between her mom's freedom and her own happiness. That's how Beth finds herself living with an aunt who doesn't want her and going to a school that doesn't understand her. At all. Except for the one guy who shouldn't get her, but does....

Ryan Stone is the town golden boy, a popular baseball star jock-with secrets he can't tell anyone. Not even the friends he shares everything with, including the constant dares to do crazy things. The craziest? Asking out the Skater girl who couldn't be less interested in him.

But what begins as a dare becomes an intense attraction neither Ryan nor Beth expected. Suddenly, the boy with the flawless image risks his dreams-and his life-for the girl he loves, and the girl who won't let anyone get too close is daring herself to want it all...


Dare You To is a stunning, captivating read full of deeply passionate romance and heart-soaring moments. Not only were my expectations met, they were blown out of the water. I fell so hard for this book!

I enjoyed Pushing the Limits, but oh man, Dare You To rocked my socks. I'll start off with the romance first: I absolutely loved Beth's story. Beth is a troubled girl, but she's also a risk-taker, and I loved reading about a fearless heroine who has her share of flaws. She wasn't afraid to back down and stand up for what she believes in - Beth was fantastic. And Ryan was great, as well. Ryan is the golden child of the town, but he's not all glitz and glamour. With Beth, his true side comes out, and I loved how they just connected so well when they came together. Their love felt real and authentic, and I appreciated how McGarry created this pair to fit and click together so well. Needing something romantic with that kick of spunk? Dare You To is a fantastic choice. 

So much scandal and betrayal in this one! A lot of dares and risks are taken in Dare You To, and I adored how fast-paced and pulse-pounding this sequel was. I can't believe, but I loved it even more than the first book! The writing style, the characters, the flawless progression of romance, everything was kicked up a notch - you know how some sequels are disappointing compared to the first book? That's not the case with this series whatsoever. Absolutely amazing!

Katie McGarry's writing style? Outstanding. Each character has their own unique voice, and I loved the compare and contrast between Ryan and Beth. Each line flowed off the page like a melody - Dare You To is easily one of my favorite contemporaries of all-time. Katie McGarry has proved herself again of being an incredible YA romance writer; Dare You To shines bright with love, heartbreak, and the outbreak of taking chances.

Overall, Dare You To is an extraordinary tale of starcrossed misfits that captured me right from the beginning and never let me go. A new favorite of mine!

M Y     R A T I N G


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I read every comment and truly appreciate them. I would love to hear your thoughts! If you leave a comment, I'll be sure to leave a comment back on your blog ASAP! -Brad