Sunday, July 17, 2011

The FitzOsbornes in Exile by Michelle Cooper

Michelle Cooper combines the drama of pre-War Europe with the romance of debutante balls and gives us another compelling historical page turner.Sophia FitzOsborne and the royal family of Montmaray escaped their remote island home when the Germans attacked, and now find themselves in the lap of luxury. Sophie's journal fills us in on the social whirl of London's 1937 season, but even a princess in lovely new gowns finds it hard to fit in. Is there no other debutante who reads?!And while the balls and house parties go on, newspaper headlines scream of war in Spain and threats from Germany. No one wants a second world war. Especially not the Montmaravians—with all Europe under attack, who will care about the fate of their tiny island kingdom? Will the FitzOsbornes ever be able to go home again? Could Montmaray be lost forever?


Sophie FitzOsborne. A character who has grown such much more maturer than the first book. I do prefer The FitzOsbornes in Exile over A Brief History of Montmaray. I love the European set, especially since it's set during the war. And what's better than in my opinion the best setting in Europe?!?! I still give it the same rating as I did A Brief History of Montmaray, mainly because some parts I felt weren't into full detail as I thought they should be. Still, a very good read! 


The FitzOsbornes in Exile:
Published: April 5, 2011
Format: US Hardcover
Publisher: Knopf Books for Young Readers
Average Rating: 4.21 stars
Page Count: 464 pages


Rating: 3.5/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I read every comment and truly appreciate them. I would love to hear your thoughts! If you leave a comment, I'll be sure to leave a comment back on your blog ASAP! -Brad