Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Fantastic Five {JUNE}



Welcome to my Fantastic Five post for June, in which I tell you the top five best books I read in June 2013! This was so hard, because I read 65 books in the month of June! 

Read on June 10, 2013




5. Altered (Crewel World, #2) - Gennifer Albin
*Cover not final*

THIS. BOOK. What an electric and fantastic sequel! The sophomore slump passed right over Gennifer Albin's head, because this one was just so incredible. The characters! The pacing! The plot! I can't even - wow. If you loved Crewel, Altered is going to rock your world.








Read on June 24, 2013





4. Throne of Glass (Throne, #1) - Sarah J. Maas

If you know me at all, you know that I adore high fantasy - I love those books to pieces. And Throne of Glass has easily become one of my favorite high fantasy books... ever. It's just so, so, so amazing. The world-building is brilliant and unique, the characters are stunning, and this entire novel is pure gold. Absolutely phenomenal.







Read on June 17, 2013



3. 3:59 - Gretchen McNeil

I love all of McNeil's books, and 3:59 has became my favorite of hers! You will never find a book like this one - it's fresh, original, and in every way imaginable and possible, fantastic. She balanced out the realistic and fantasy sides of 3:59 so well. I could go on for hours on end about how much I love this book! If you're looking for a book that will send chills down your spine and keep you up all night, 3:59 is the book for you!








Read from June 20 to 21, 2013




2. Elegy (Watersong, #4) - Amanda Hocking

Again, if you know me at all, you know that Amanda Hocking is one of my favorite authors of all-time. The Watersong series is my favorite of hers, and Elegy is such an explosive, dynamic, and absolutely brilliant ending! I couldn't have asked for a better ending! All loose ends were tied up, and everything started to come together and make sense. Wow. This series is such a fantastic series, and this is one of the best conclusions to a series I've ever read!







AND MY #1 BOOK OF JUNE 2013 IS...


Read from June 29 to 30, 2013






I just... woah, I mean... I'm speechless. I really enjoyed Black's Curse Workers trilogy, but WOW The Coldest Girl in Coldtown absolutely blew me away! This is easily the best vampire story I've ever read. The monsters are terrifying and frightening, the setting is chilling and cold (hah! pun!) to the core, and the writing is gorgeous. Make sure that you have The Coldest Girl in Coldtown on your radar. You won't regret it!











What were some of your favorite reads for June 2013?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I read every comment and truly appreciate them. I would love to hear your thoughts! If you leave a comment, I'll be sure to leave a comment back on your blog ASAP! -Brad