Saturday, December 1, 2012

Bookish Anticipations: December 2012


I'm starting something new here on my blog! Each month, I'm going to be doing something called Bookish Anticipations, where I will talk about the books coming out that month that I'm very excited for!

So there's not a whole lot of books coming out in December, but I have four that I am super excited for!



The first book I'm so excited for is FALLING KINGDOMS by Morgan Rhodes, which comes out on December 11. This is the first book in a new high fantasy series, and I SO want this book so badly! I want to post the first paragraph of the synopsis because I love it so much:

In a land where magic has been forgotten but peace has reigned for centuries, a deadly unrest is simmering. Three kingdoms grapple for power -- brutally transforming their subjects' lives in the process. Amidst betrayals, bargains, and battles, four young people find their fates forever intertwined.

Just reading that gives me shivers! I seriously cannot wait for this novel to come out. It sounds so good, and I do love my high fantasy! 












The next book is OPAL by Jennifer L. Armentrout, which also comes out on December 11. If you don't know what this series is and haven't read it, where have you been? I adore the Lux series! It's about a race of aliens -- but not the gross, green kind -- who have come to earth, and one Luxen named Daemon who falls in love with a book blogger, Katy.

And oh my gosh, this series is so good! If you love action, you're in the right place. If you love romance, you're also in the right place! This series have everything in it, and after the cliffhanger of the ending of ONYX, I'm dying for a copy of OPAL!











And then we have BURNED by Sara Shepard. This is the twelfth -- YES, TWELFTH -- book in the Pretty Little Liars series and comes out on December 4. And guess what, this is not the final novel. But Sara Shepard manages to capture my attention in each book, and I'm still very intrigued to find out who the third A is.

If you don't know what PLL is all about, it's about five girls living in a rich town in Pennsylvania, and one day, one of the girls (Ali) goes missing. Fast forward three years later, and the remaining four girls (who have since broken up their friendship) start to receive texts and letters from a mysterious person named "A" who is blackmailing them with the secrets that only Ali, the missing and presumed dead girl, knows. 

This series is crazy, but I'm not sure I'll be picking up this one.








And finally, the last book I will be showing today is THE DARKEST MINDS by Alexandra Bracken. This novel comes out on December 18, and I've heard great things about it from those who have reviewed it!

THE DARKEST MINDS deals with people with supernatural powers, I think, and really, that's all I know about it. Still excited for it though!











So that is my Bookish Anticipations for December! What books are you excited for coming out in December '12? Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I read every comment and truly appreciate them. I would love to hear your thoughts! If you leave a comment, I'll be sure to leave a comment back on your blog ASAP! -Brad