Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: New-to-Me Authors

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by Broke and Bookish!

This week's TTT is NEW-TO-ME authors (meaning authors whose books were new to us this year), and I am super excited to share my list with you!

  • Jodi Meadows - If you don't know already -- and if you know me, and do you not? -- INCARNATE is my favorite book of all time. And since she's a debut author of 2012, of course I have to mention her! The writing style is lush and beautiful. The world building is fantastic, brilliant, and every term that my mind can think of. I need to sequel, ASUNDER, in my life. Seriously. 

  • Michael Grant - Started reading the Gone series this year, and boy, am I hooked! Again, the world building is amazing, and every single book manages to pack more action, sadness, deception, secrets, and a shocking ending than its predecessor. I will be so sad to let this series go when LIGHT comes out!

  • Ruta Sepetys - Oh. My. Gosh. What is there to say about the magnificent novels that are Ruta Sepetys's novels? I'll tell you: they are heart-shattering and heart-mending. They shine out in the YA market, and they are incredible, stunning, and in every way, one of my favorite novels of all time. I actually just finished reading her next novel, OUT OF THE EASY, last week. You guys are going to love it! And I met Ruta Sepetys back in October, and she is definitely one of the most nicest people I have ever met!

  • Marissa Meyer - CINDER blew me away when I read in back in February '12. The sequel, SCARLET, was even better than the first book, with the addition of another stunning main character, fantastic world-building, and the atmosphere of fairy-tales surrounding it. I read SCARLET back in June and it is still on my mind! 

  • Kat Zhang - Kat is a debut author, but her debut novel was AMAZING. Definitely one of the most unique storylines I have ever read, and her writing style and novel broke my heart and repaired it to pieces with the spark of hope that maybe bad things wouldn't happen to the main characters. Book two, why do you have to be so far away? AND Kat is an amazing and super nice person! I've met her about three times this year, and she just a wonderful person to talk to!

  • Gretchen McNeil - Gretchen is fantastic. Short and simple. POSSESS was an eerie and creepy read, but holy crap... HER SECOND NOVEL? TEN??? It was so so SO amazing! I read TEN in one night, and I still think about it to this day. Gretchen has become one of my favorite authors, and I am super excited for 3:59!

  • Maggie Stiefvater - Now I've only read THE RAVEN BOYS, but it was so amazing and so brilliant, I had to put her on my list. THE RAVEN BOYS is a stunning, remarkable and original novel. Again, my grabby hands are dying to get a hold of the second book!

  • Stefan Bachmann - By far, Stefan Bachmann's THE PECULIAR is the best middle grade novel that I have ever read. It makes you think about life and how you treat people, while managing to capture that fantasy world-building aspect. He did a phenomenal job with this novel!

  • Veronica Rossi - UNDER THE NEVER SKY is one of my absolute favorite dystopian novels! The world building is insane, and I just couldn't get enough of this novel! I will be starting the second book, THROUGH THE EVER NIGHT, soon! 

  • Veronica Roth - Don't kill me, but I only read DIVERGENT this year. But to be honest, I'm happy I did, because INSURGENT came out only a few weeks later! Obviously, I love this author and her novels. I'm one of the people who loved INSURGENT even more than book one, and, like everybody else in the world, I am eagerly anticipating book three! 

Did you do a Top Ten Tuesday post today? Link it to me in the comments so I can check it out!

Happy reading

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I read every comment and truly appreciate them. I would love to hear your thoughts! If you leave a comment, I'll be sure to leave a comment back on your blog ASAP! -Brad