Thursday, May 16, 2013

Brad About Books: Storm by Brigid Kemmerer

Read from April 15 to 16, 2013
STORM
Published: April 24, 2012
Publisher: Kensington Teen
Format: Paperback
Page Count: 353 pages
Source: Purchased
Series: The Elementals, #1

Becca Chandler is suddenly getting all the guys; all the ones she doesn't want. Ever since her ex-boyfriend spread those lies about her. Then she saves Chris Merrick from a beating in the school parking lot. Chris is different. Way different: he can control water just like his brothers can control fire, wind, and earth. They're powerful. Dangerous. Marked for death.

And now that she knows the truth, so is Becca.

Secrets are hard to keep when your life's at stake. When Hunter, the mysterious new kid around school, turns up with a talent for being in the wrong place at the right time, Becca thinks she can trust him. But then Hunter goes head-to-head with Chris, and Becca wonders who's hiding the most dangerous truth of all.

The storm is coming.



Storm is a whirlwind of a novel. Deeply captivating and enticing, Storm shines out.

What I loved the absolute most about Storm is that it's unlike anything I've ever read. I mean, four brothers that can control the elements? Pretty epic. And Storm definitely lives up to the hype! I found myself emerged into this mysterious and original world from page one, and I never wanted it to end! Plus, an Elemental is awesome. I loved getting to see the Water brother, Chris, and though his moods swing back and forth, he's strong and will do anything to protect Becca. And Becca was just as great! I loved her character and her development as the book progresses, and Kemmerer did an amazing job with all of the character's growth!

Storm is extremely fast-paced - each chapter is filled with something insane or mind-bending - and I adored it. Energetic and pulsing with action, this book is so hard to put down (near impossible!). When I wasn't reading Storm it was on my mind. I had to know what in the world would happen to these characters! I guess my only flaw is that it was a bit confusing at the beginning. Explaining the being of the Elementals frazzled my brain a bit, and it took some adjusting to figure everything out.

But once I did, Storm took off like a rocket and never quit. These novels are simply fun. They're so easy to breeze through, and they keep your attention the entire time! And not only that, they are such great books! If you're looking for something new in your supernatural-craved life, Storm is the book for you!

Overall, Storm packs action like there's no tomorrow. Storm stands out and radiates from page one!

M Y   R A T I N G

3 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to read this for ages! It looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really looking forward to reading this one!! I have it downloaded on my Kindle but I have to finish some review copies before I can get to it...
    I'm so glad you enjoyed it!! It sounds like a thrilling, captivating story that is different (in a good way) from other PN books. I am always looking for SPECIAL books, and that's why I want to read this one so much.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughtful review!!

    Sapir @ Diary of a Wimpy Teen Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this book checked out from the library, but just haven't been able to get to it yet. I've heard great things. I do like the idea of 4 brothers who can control the elements. It's such a cool premise. Great review!
    -Natalie @Natflix&Books

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I read every comment and truly appreciate them. I would love to hear your thoughts! If you leave a comment, I'll be sure to leave a comment back on your blog ASAP! -Brad