Friday, March 8, 2013

Brad About Books: Firebrand by R.M. Prioleau

Read from December 27 to December 29, 2012
FIREBRAND
Published: April 15, 2012
Publisher: Createspace
Format: Paperback
Page Count: 182 pages
Series: Firebrand, #1
Source: Author

Kaijin Sora behaved like any studious child his age who constantly indulged in reading books and thirsting for new knowledge. But there was one thing that distinguished him from other children -- his tenacious passion for fire.

In hopes of curbing this strange and disturbing sickness, Kaijin's parents send him off to study magic. Unbeknownst to Kaijin, the knowledge he would glean during his years of intense study would only further kindle his inner flames.

What began as a simple childhood curiosity would ultimately transition into a blazing love so powerful, it kills...

Firebrand is an engrossing fantasy adventure filled with magic and mystery.



With lots of fantasy elements and fast-paced scenes, Firebrand is an excellently-crafted high fantasy novels that readers won't be able to put down.

I read Firebrand so quickly; within the matter of 24 hours, to be exact. It is tiny, but it's also super fast-paced. I do have to say that the world is a bit hard to dive into and understand, but once I figured everything out, I couldn't have turned these pages faster. What I loved about the novel was of how much action/fantasy scenes were interwoven to the main plot.

The world-building was masterfully structured. The author did a great job at describing this vivid world to the reader, and I could definitely picture everything in my head. It's one world that I would love to visit! I was captivated the entire time by the world - it seemed so beautiful and mysterious throughout the book, and I absolutely loved that.

And our characters are equally as great! Kaijin was a great main character, and I loved getting to know him and his backstory. Plus? Fire is pretty epic. And the way his inner flames spark to life was super, super awesome. I was definitely impressed of how the author mixed that into the story and made it fantastic.

Overall, Firebrand is a must-read for fantasy lovers. Think Game of Thrones for teens. It was absolutely wonderful!

M Y   R A T I N G


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I read every comment and truly appreciate them. I would love to hear your thoughts! If you leave a comment, I'll be sure to leave a comment back on your blog ASAP! -Brad