Friday, March 1, 2013

Brad About Books: Level 2 by Lenore Appelhans

LEVEL 2
Published: January 15, 2013
Publisher: S&S BFYR
Format: Hardcover
Page Count: 281 pages
Source: Amazon.com
Series: The Memory Chronicles, #1

Three levels. Two loves. One choice. Debut novelist, Lenore Appelhans has written a thrilling otherworldly young adult novel about a place that exists between our world (Level 1) and what comes after life (Level 2).

Felicia Ward is dead. Trapped in a stark white afterlife limbo, she spends endless days replaying memories, of her family, friends, boyfriend ... and of the guy who broke her heart. The guy who has just broken into Level 2 to find her.

Felicia learns that a rebellion is brewing, and it seems she is the key. Suspended between heaven and earth, she must make a choice. Between two worlds, two lives and two loves.


Level 2 is a fast-paced, thrilling debut. I couldn't turn these pages fast enough!

I do have to say that the beginning is a bit confusing. Setting up the entire world of the Level 2 took some time to settle in my brain, but once I figured everything out, I breezed through this novel. It was totally a speedy reader. With so much action and absolute craziness, it was hard to break away from Level 2!

Felicia was simply a great protagonist. I loved reading about her, getting to know her more, and looking back through her memories. Speaking of which, I thought that adding the touch of memories of the people of Level 2 was brilliant! I always looked forward getting to know some more about our character's pasts. Appelhans did a masterful job at pulling that off. It can be tricky shifting from present day to the past, but the author did brilliantly at keeping my attention and focus and not confusing me.

The storyline was original, another key thing that added to my love of this novel. I have never read a book like this, nor do I think I will ever find one again, and I adore that. And the ending! Ah! Eep! It was fantastic. I mean, talking about craziness ensuing. I flew through that ending so fast - Level 2 honestly has one of the best endings ever, just for the action alone.

Overall, Level 2 is one of the best books I've read all year. Fantastic and unique, Level 2 is a must read.

M Y   R A T I N G :


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I read every comment and truly appreciate them. I would love to hear your thoughts! If you leave a comment, I'll be sure to leave a comment back on your blog ASAP! -Brad