Saturday, March 2, 2013

Brad About Books: Marco Impossible by Hannah Moskowitz

MARCO IMPOSSIBLE
Expected Publication Date: March 19, 2013
Publisher: Roaring Brook (Macmillan)
Format: ARC
Page Count: 256 pages
Source: Publisher

Best friends Stephen and Marco attempt a go-for-broke heist to break into the high school prom and get Marco onstage to confess his love. 

First off, I want to thank Macmillan for sending me an ARC of Marco Impossible! Thank you so much!

Marco Impossible a fun and lighthearted story that had me enticed in some parts, but other times, I couldn't connect with the characters.

I loved the hijinks that Stephen and Marco ensue throughout the novel. They're those best friends that always stick together, and they get into some crazy stuff. Hannah Moskowitz did a great job at showing their friendship throughout the novel. Plus, hijinks are always fun! And Marco Impossible was definitely fun in some parts.

But I do have to say that I couldn't always connect to the characters. Marco seemed like a jerk, and I felt bad for Stephen a lot. But Stephen also has his flaws. Maybe that's why the reader was suppose to identify with this duo of friends - their flaws and how they don't always get along - but I just couldn't connect with it. Gosh, Marco really made me mad at how he treated Stephen sometimes, so I guess my main complaint is him and how he treats his friend.

Moskowitz's writing style definitely was intriguing. The first scene starts off with getting snow cones out of the pair's hair, and it definitely hooked me into the story with all of its fun-ness. It definitely felt like a middle-grade tone. But that's not a bad thing - I loved how she strung words together to grip the reader into the story. She's definitely a great writer.

Overall, Marco Impossible had its flaws for me, but in the end, it was enjoyable. Need some lighthearted books in your life? Marco Impossible has you covered.

M Y    R A T I N G
(I gave it 3.5 stars, but rounded it up to 4!)


1 comment:

  1. Great review, Brad! This has an interesting premise. I'll have to check it out as soon as it comes out! Beautiful cover as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I read every comment and truly appreciate them. I would love to hear your thoughts! If you leave a comment, I'll be sure to leave a comment back on your blog ASAP! -Brad