Sunday, March 10, 2013

Brad About Books: A Touch Morbid by Leah Clifford

Read from March 5 to March 6, 2013
A TOUCH MORBID
Published: February 28, 2012
Publisher: Greenwillow (Harper)
Format: Hardcover
Page Count: 299 pages
Source: Amazon.com
Series: Touch, #2

Eden saved Az.

Eden won the battle-she saved her true love from the darkest evil. But the war has only just begun. With secrets swirling around her, powerful allies unraveling, and life-and death-as she knows it eroding, Eden and those she loves tread dangerous ground. Can she trust anyone? Will her unearthly powers be her salvation or her downfall? A sweeping, dark, and sexy paranormal romance that will haunt readers with an inventive mythology and a cinematic New York City filled with shadows and longing.


Talk about an amazing sequel. Leah Clifford's follow-up to A Touch Mortal was absolutely brilliant. Fast-paced and fantastic, A Touch Morbid is a delightful and amazing book. Definitely one of my favorites of the year!

Eden is one my favorite characters of all time. So much that I even featured her in a Top Ten Tuesday post. Clifford did an amazing job at developing her character even more. I absolutely adored seeing Eden grow ever stronger, and believe me, if you thought Eden was tough and fierce in A Touch Mortal, wait 'til you read the sequel! And of course, all the other characters are amazing. Az is just an awesome character, and I really grew to like Kristen in A Touch Morbid! Needless to say, the characters were great.

And the pacing was great as well! Non-stop action was thrown at the reader, and I couldn't believe some things that happened in this novel. Leah Clifford masterfully pulls off plot twists and making very epic things happen in a book. Because a lot of stuff in A Touch Morbid shocked me. And I couldn't get enough of it!

The whole storyline of spreading the Touch is phenomenal and unlike anything I've ever read. The stakes are raised even higher in A Touch Morbid, and the Touch became even more of a problem for our characters. I was constantly rooting for them and cheering them on. A Touch Morbid is definitely on my list for best sequels of all time.

Overall, I absolutely loved, loved, loved A Touch Morbid so much! Leah Clifford did a brilliant job with this sequel. Constantly captivating and engaging, this is easily one of my favorite series.

M Y   R A T I N G


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I read every comment and truly appreciate them. I would love to hear your thoughts! If you leave a comment, I'll be sure to leave a comment back on your blog ASAP! -Brad