Monday, March 18, 2013

Brad About Books: Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer

Read from July 31 to August 2, 2012
WOLFSBANE
Published: July 26, 2011
Publisher: Philomel (Penguin)
Format: Hardcover
Page Count: 390 pages
Source: Amazon.com
Series: Nightshade, #2

This thrilling sequel to the much-talked-about Nightshade begins just where it ended 

Calla Tor wakes up in the lair of the Searchers, her sworn enemy, and she's certain her days are numbered. But then the Searchers make her an offer–one that gives her the chance to destroy her former masters and save the pack–and the man–she left behind. Is Ren worth the price of her freedom? And will Shay stand by her side no matter what? Now in control of her own destiny, Calla must decide which battles are worth fighting and how many trials true love can endure and still survive.


Wolfsbane was an excellent filled with action and secrets. Andrea Cremer has done it once again!

Calla is one of my favorite characters in the YA market. She's fierce, fearless, and in general, an epic protagonist that I can root for. Every time I open up one of these books, I'm blown away at how Cremer makes Calla even more better and more awesome than the previous book. And that's not the only great character: Ren definitely redeemed himself in Wolfsbane from being a total jerk to a great hero; Shay, on the other hand, changed. He was still cool, but had some things changed about him.

And I loved how we got to see more of the Searchers! I loved getting to know more about them and their back history, and the author did a fantastic job at letting the reader know their secrets and history. And now I'm torn between which side of the Nightshade world I like best! Gah, I loved Wolfsbane

But I did have one complaint: the beginning was a bit confusing. I lost track of what happened in Nightshade, so when I started Wolfsbane, it took me awhile to figure out what had happened. But I eventually got past that and loved this sequel.

Overall, Wolfsbane is a brilliant sequel. Other than the little flaw, this is an explosive novel! 

M Y    R A T I N G




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I read every comment and truly appreciate them. I would love to hear your thoughts! If you leave a comment, I'll be sure to leave a comment back on your blog ASAP! -Brad