Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Cover Switch (1): The Beginning of Everything

I needed something quick today (tonight, actually! Whoops!), so I thought I'd share my thoughts on a book that had recently been... altered. Welcome to Cover Switch!

Today, I'm talking about Severed Heads, Broken Hearts by Robyn Schneider, which was suppose to come out on June 25, 2013.


I ADORE that cover and title. It's so simple, yet striking! And that title is just amazing. And I have to say, I was saddened when it was announced that the title and cover were both being changed.

The new cover and title, now called The Beginning of Everything, is set to release on August 27, 2013.


I am still so looking forward to this book! I cannot wait to read The Beginning of Everything, because it looks so amazing. Now there's nothing wrong with this cover or title (that cover is very bright! I really like it!), but I do still prefer Severed Heads, Broken Hearts over it. Nonetheless, I cannot wait for The Beginning of Everything to come out!


ABOUT THE BEGINNING OF EVERYTHING
~
Golden boy Ezra Faulkner believes everyone has a tragedy waiting for them—a single encounter after which everything that really matters will happen. His particular tragedy waited until he was primed to lose it all: in one spectacular night, a reckless driver shatters Ezra’s knee, his athletic career, and his social life.

No longer a front-runner for Homecoming King, Ezra finds himself at the table of misfits, where he encounters new girl Cassidy Thorpe. Cassidy is unlike anyone Ezra’s ever met, achingly effortless, fiercely intelligent, and determined to bring Ezra along on her endless adventures.

But as Ezra dives into his new studies, new friendships, and new love, he learns that some people, like books, are easy to misread. And now he must consider: if one’s singular tragedy has already hit and everything after it has mattered quite a bit, what happens when more misfortune strikes?

Robyn Schneider’s The Beginning of Everything is a lyrical, witty, and heart-wrenching novel about how difficult it is to play the part that people expect, and how new beginnings can stem from abrupt and tragic endings.
~


1 comment:

  1. I agree I loved the old cover and title. It took me a well to realize it was the same book. I thought it was a completely different book.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I read every comment and truly appreciate them. I would love to hear your thoughts! If you leave a comment, I'll be sure to leave a comment back on your blog ASAP! -Brad