Sunday, June 9, 2013

Fantastic Five {APRIL}


Welcome to my Fantastic Five for April, in which I tell you my top five books I read in April 2013!

Read from April 29 to 30, 2013






5. Emerald Green (Ruby Red, #3) - Kerstin Gier

I adore this trilogy so much - time travel! Yes please! And Emerald Green was a fantastic and brilliant conclusion. I am so sad to see this series go, but it couldn't have ended any better!










Read on April 21, 2013







4. Crewel (Crewel World, #1) - Gennifer Albin

Talk about an original and awesome novel! I can't believe it took me so long to read Crewel, but oh man, I'm so happy I did! This novel is stunning and unique - I can't even begin to fathom how incredible this book was. I am dying for Altered! What an amazing, amazing book.







Read on April 28, 2013




3. The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland and Led the Revels There (Fairyland, #2) - Catherynne M. Valente

This series has rapidly become my favorite middle grade series! They're just so quirky, magical and whimsical - and this sequel was no exception. The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland and Led the Revels There was a phenomenal book - even better than the first! I absolutely adore September and the entire world of Fairyland (including Fairyland Below!). I can't wait to see what happens in the third book!






Read from April 22 to 23, 2013




2. Eleanor & Park - Rainbow Rowell

You know how some books get loads of attention and hype? And then they don't live up to your expectations. I can officially say that Eleanor & Park deserves every single bit of hype surrounding it AND more! This has easily became the best contemporary novel I've ever read, and I can see me re-reading this book very soon. Words cannot even begin to tell you how amazing this book was! Please, please read it if you haven't read it already. It's truly fantastic.








AND MY #1 BOOK OF APRIL IS...



Read from April 2 to 3, 2013





1. Light (Gone, #6) - Michael Grant

If you know me, then you know that the Gone series is my absolute favorite series of all-time. I love the world-building, the characters... honestly, I love everything about these books. And I'm so sad it's over. When I finished this book, I was seriously emotionally drained and sad. I can't believe it's all over! But I couldn't have asked for a better ending. That ending was so clever and smart, and I totally didn't see that coming. Love. Thank you so much, Michael Grant, for this journey. It was amazing, and I'll never forget it.









What were your favorite books of April 2013?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I read every comment and truly appreciate them. I would love to hear your thoughts! If you leave a comment, I'll be sure to leave a comment back on your blog ASAP! -Brad