Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Brad About Books: Blackout by Robison Wells

Read on July 20, 2013
BLACKOUT
Expected Publication Date: October 1, 2013
Publisher: HarperTeen
Format: ARC
Page Count: 432 pages
Source: ALA

THE VIRUS HAS SPREAD.


Laura and Alec are trained terrorists.


Jack and Aubrey are high school students.

There was no reason for them to ever meet.

But now, a mysterious virus is spreading throughout America, infecting teenagers with impossible powers. And these four are about to find their lives intertwined in a complex web of deception, loyalty, and catastrophic danger—where one wrong choice could trigger an explosion that ends it all.


Blackout is, simply put, epic. Divergent meets X-Men in this fast-paced, awesome story that always kept my eyes glued to the page and my pulse racing with these characters. Legendary!

I'm a huge sucker for post-apocalytpic, dystopian novels, and the fantastic thing about Blackout is that it brings something new and fresh to the table. Kids being infected with powers? Sign me up. I was invested into this rich and vast world right from page one and never wanted to leave. Not only is this world dark and strange, it's one of the most unique settings I've ever seen done. With superhumans and terrorists running around a plagued world, disaster and havoc will arise; Wells did a phenomenal job with this novel. Fans of Divergent will eat this book up. Blackout is one of my new favorite novels for the year!

What a marvelous cast and ensemble! Laura and Alec are a great contrast between right and wrong; is what they're fighting for worth the cost? And Jack and Aubrey are the shining light of innocent, but they might be turning rotten on the inside. I loved this contrast between good and evil! Robison Wells plays on so many levels of good vs. evil and the fight for power. If you love your books with the right amount of action and characters that will blow you away, Blackout is a must-read. I truly believe that this will be a new buzz book! It's rich in it's fast-paced, tension-filled moments, stunning with its flawlessly contrasted characters, and original with its storyline and writing style. So amazing!

That ending! Please tell me there's a sequel! Wells did an exceptional job with this ending. Even though there was never a dull moment within Blackout, that ending just knocked the book out of the ballpark. It's almost like a race against the clock - time is ticking, and you're not sure if you'll come out on the other side. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time, and I absolutely fell in love with this book.

Overall, Blackout is a new, shining gem within the post-apocalyptic genre that shouldn't be missed. Wholly unique and brilliant, Blackout is an exceptional and astonishing new novel that captured me and never let me go!

M Y    R A T I N G


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I read every comment and truly appreciate them. I would love to hear your thoughts! If you leave a comment, I'll be sure to leave a comment back on your blog ASAP! -Brad