Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Best Bookish Memories

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and the Bookish!

This week's TTT topic is Top Ten Best Bookish Memories, and I adore this topic. Here are my picks!

1) Southern Festival of Books 2012 - Oh my gosh, this was so much fun! It's a weekend event hosted in Nashville, Tennesee, filled with meeting book lovers and going to author panels/signings! It is so much fun, and I can't wait to go to this year's! Actually in 2013, we are hosting a Booktuber meet-up in Nashville! If you live in the South (or can come to Nashville), please come! 

2) Meeting Ruta Sepetys - I met Ruta at SFoB this year, and oh my, she is fantastic! She's so nice; I went up to her as some stranger, and she was just so nice and wasn't shy at all to talk. Ruta is amazing; I've seen her again at more book events in Nashville, and she is always great! Ruta, you are wonderful!

3) Breaking Dawn Midnight Release Party  - OK. Hear me out. I wasn't into reading (and actually hadn't heard about Twilight; keep in mind, I was eleven). I went with one of my friends who was into the series at the time, and the atmosphere of all the fans was amazing. Yes, I was hoping that it would be over quickly, but all of the fans were so pumped for the book, and looking back on it now, that was just a really awesome event.

4) Halloween 2012 Signing - Six authors came to Nashville this past Halloween, and I got my books signed! I got to meet Beth Revis (FANBOY ALERT! FANBOYALERT!), Stephanie Perkins, Sonia Gensler, Myra McEntire (met Myra a few times, and she is great!), Tessa Gratton, and Victoria Schwab! They were all so nice and amazing. Loved the signing!

5) Getting my first response from a publisher - Jessica Preeg was the first person I ever heard back from from a publisher. It was about WAKE by Amanda Hocking, and it made my year. I had foot surgery back in 2012, and I was having a horrible day the day she emailed me. When she emailed me, my entire day brightened up, and I totally forgot about the pain in my foot. Thank you so much Jessica for being awesome. (And to all other publicists! You guys rock my world.)

6) Becoming a host of YT Book Club - For those of you who don't know, YT Book Club is a book club hosted on Youtube! It is hosted by Bunny @ BunnyCatesLindsay @ TheBookVlogger, and myself, and we meet the first Saturday of every month! We just met this past Saturday for WARM BODIES by Isaac Marion, and we do a LIVE Google+ Hangout for discussing the book! I love being one of the hosts for the chat, and I want to give a big thanks to Bunny and Lindsay!

7) Meeting more authors - Kat Zhang, Victoria Schwab, Kristin O'Donnell, you are all amazing! You guys are so nice, and I love seeing you guys at book events!

8) Simply, getting to read awesome books - I love getting to read some awesome and great books and getting to review them on this blog! There are some memories of reviews I will never forget.

9) Twitter - I've grown to love Twitter so much, since I get to connect with other bloggers and authors! I love getting to talk books with people with so much book enthusiam!

10) Blogging! - Blogging is one experience that I will never regret starting, and I will always remember this blog. Talking to bloggers, commenting on blogs, just the entire experience makes me so happy. Thank you so much guys! <3

Did you do a Top Ten Tuesday post? Leave it in the comments; I would love to check it out!

Happy reading! 


1 comment:

  1. I've recently started a blog, I haven't got any Top Ten Tuesday posts, but I would love it if you checked it out! http://bookish-thinking.blogspot.co.uk/

    Great post, I'm so jealous-you've met Beth Revis and Ruta Sepetys!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I read every comment and truly appreciate them. I would love to hear your thoughts! If you leave a comment, I'll be sure to leave a comment back on your blog ASAP! -Brad