Friday, May 31, 2013

Brad About Books: Clash by Nicole Williams

Read from March 25 to 26, 2013
CLASH
Published: December 18, 2012
Publisher: HarperTeen
Format: Paperback
Page Count: 273 pages
Source: Purchased
Series: Crash, #2

This review is entirely spoiler free, even if you haven't read Crash.

Clash is a daring, sizzling and dazzling sequel that had me caught up in this starcrossed romance and undeniably fun plot.

What makes the Crash trilogy so much fun is simply this: the romance. Our two main characters, Lucy and Jude, are a mess. They have trust issues and really, they don't get along for the majority of the time. So why is their romance irresistible? Because it's so much fun to see how it either builds up so strongly or unravels to pieces. While reading Clash, I had no idea if Lucy and Jude would get their happily ever after - their relationship is tested to the extreme in this second book, and I like that Nicole Williams took risks with that!

But I do have to admit that I didn't enjoy this one as much as Crash. To be honest, there wasn't much of a plot (besides the relationship and trust issues), and I think that Crash was definitely more interesting. That doesn't mean that Clash isn't a good book, because it really, really is! I just prefer the first book. Clash does have interesting moments {especially towards the end}. Just like book one, the stakes are raised so much higher by the climax of the novel, and I had no clue what would happen!

At least some of the characters got their acts together, though. Jude was awful in Crash - I didn't like him! But in Clash, I think he starts to realize that he needs to simmer down and calm down. Because his fuse can be lit very quickly, and I don't like that quality about him. Lucy was better in Clash - I did *really* enjoy her character in the first book, but the good thing about this sequel is that she's no longer naïve or quick-to-forgive. Which I think works perfectly for her character structure.

Overall, Clash was not as good as its predecessor, but good enough to give me interest in the finale. If you're looking for a light and fun contemporary romance to read over the summer, I recommend this series!

M Y   R A T I N G

1 comment:

  1. The book was a fair bit shorter than Crash though so none of the frustrations were too long and drawn out – making them quite bearable. And it helped that by the end, all the issues that came up in the book were completely resolved.

    loranda.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I read every comment and truly appreciate them. I would love to hear your thoughts! If you leave a comment, I'll be sure to leave a comment back on your blog ASAP! -Brad