Sunday, March 3, 2013

Brad About Books: Ruthless by Sara Shepard

RUTHLESS
Published: December 6, 2011
Publisher: HarperTeen
Format: Hardcover
Page Count: 341 pages
Source: Amazon.com
Series: Pretty Little Liars, #10

For years scandal has rocked Rosewood, Pennsylvania--and high school seniors Aria, Emily, Hanna, and Spencer have always been at the center of the drama. They've lost friends, been targeted by a ruthless stalker named A, and narrowly escaped death. And it's not over yet.

Aria's love life is on the fritz. Emily's exploring her wild side. Hanna's kissing the enemy. And someone from Spencer's past--someone she never thought she'd see again--is back to haunt her.

But none of that compares to what happened last spring break. It's their darkest secret yet and guess who found out? Now A is determined to make them pay for their crime, and the only thing scarier than A is the fear that maybe, just maybe, they deserve what's coming to them.


Ruthless is another entertaining installment in this fun series, but I'm starting to feel the story drag a little.

Let me start off by saying that this is the tenth novel in a series. Tenth. This series has been going on for awhile, and for quite sometime, I was in love with this series. It was always intriguing and engrossing, and I could never put these novels down. And though I read Ruthless in a matter of twenty-four hours, I could definitely feel that the story was lagging for me. 

It didn't feel as captivating as the previous novels. Books five through eight are my favorite: the storyline is so hooking, Sara Shepard always reeled me in, and it had an amazing climax. And this new series hasn't managed to grab me in the same way as before. The storyline is a bit weird and confusing, and the characters feel different for me. I just don't know how I feel about this continuation.

But that doesn't take away from the fact that these novels are such quick reads. Even if they're so slow, I fly through these pages due to Shepard's enticing plot. The characters don't feel the same to me, but I definitely love the world and everything going on inside of it. A is always so wicked and great - I look forward to what A does next in this series - and Sara Shepard always does a great job at making A an awesome villain.

Overall, Ruthless was definitely good, but not compared to the others. But I still need to know who this new A is!

M Y  R A T I N G:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I read every comment and truly appreciate them. I would love to hear your thoughts! If you leave a comment, I'll be sure to leave a comment back on your blog ASAP! -Brad