Friday, March 22, 2013

Brad About Books: A Touch Menacing by Leah Clifford

Read from March 7 to 8, 2013
A TOUCH MENACING
Published: March 5, 2013
Publisher: Greenwillow (Harper)
Format: Hardcover
Page Count: 313 pages
Source: Amazon.com
Series: Touch, #3

Eden is dying. For real, this time.

She is crumbling to ash, and an unnatural plague is ravaging mortals and immortals alike. With both Heaven and Hell out to destroy her, Eden can no longer tell the difference between good and evil. Friends become enemies. And enemies are everywhere.

But don't underestimate Eden. She'll fight for her life, for the lives of those she loves, and for every life she has ever touched. She'll fight for revenge. For redemption. For—just maybe—the chance to be mortal again. Everything began with forbidden love. What will be sacrificed at the bitter end? The dramatic conclusion to Leah Clifford's dark, alluring trilogy of life, death, and epic love.


A Touch Menacing is an epic finale to a fantastic series that has left an impact in my mind. A brilliant book with a mind-blowing ending!

Eden is turning to ash! Do you know how crazy and insane that is? Leah Clifford did an amazing job at making Eden more of an even fiercer and stronger character than in the previous books. And Eden is one of my absolute all-time favorite characters, so to see her turn into more of a better person with a more complex structure was amazing. But not only does Eden turn even better, all the characters were great. I grew to like Kristen in this one, and I felt bad for Az the entire book. Luke and Gabe, though, I had mixed feelings with. They turned a bit hollow and empty in A Touch Menacing, and while it was the best for their character, it saddened me to see them turn the other way.

Get ready for war, because A Touch Menacing has a lot of it. I didn't expect this many action scnes in this third and final book, but I'm so happy it was thrown in. There are quite a lot of turns and surprises that I definitely didn't see coming; I was on the edge of my seat through the entire book. I absolutely adored every single bit of this book.

This series is stunning. The reason it's so amazing? Every single novel gets so much better than its predecessor. I didn't see how in the world Clifford could top A Touch Morbid, but she absolutely did. It was hard to tear my eyes away from the page, and with that CRAZY ending, I had to know what was going to happen!

Overall, A Touch Menacing is a fantastic finale to a phenomenal series. I'm so sad to see this one go, but I love how everything was tied together. 

MY RATING




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I read every comment and truly appreciate them. I would love to hear your thoughts! If you leave a comment, I'll be sure to leave a comment back on your blog ASAP! -Brad