Sunday, March 31, 2013

Weekly Recap (2)

These are all the books I read from March 24 to March 30! These will always be spoiler free, and I will be doing full reviews on all of them!

I thought I had a great reading week last week, but gosh, this week was epic!

Read from March 23 to 24, 2013





1. The Madman's Daughter (Madman, #1) - Megan Shepherd

This book was AMAZING. I loved every, every single bit of this book, and oh my gosh, all I can say is that this book is epic. And my review went up yesterday! I am dying for the sequel!

5 stars






Read on March 25, 2013





2. The Last Echo (The Body Finder, #3) - Kimberly Derting

This is my favorite out of The Body Finder series so far! The chapters that weren't in Violet's POV were the most scariest, and the overall story was phenomenal. Can't wait for Dead Silence!

5 stars







Read on March 25, 2013





3. Professor Gargoyle (Lovecraft Middle School, #1) - Charles Gilman

Fun and very different, Professor Gargoyle is a wild ride. Monsters and evil teachers, I couldn't get enough of this one! But it took me a bit to connect with the story, unfortunately.

4 stars 








Read from March 25 to 26, 2013






4. Clash (Crash, #2) - Nicole Williams

This is one of the only contemporary series that I love. The romance is enthralling, and the storyline is always intriguing. Clash focused more on the drama, and I think I may prefer Crash a bit; that doesn't mean that this sequel isn't good! Lucy and Jude are just an awesome couple.

4 stars






Read on March 26, 2013





5. The Slither Sisters (Lovecraft, #2) - Charles Gilman

The good thing about this sequel is that I liked this one even better than Professor Gargoyle! Sarah and Sylvia Price are super creepy, and the way that the "slither" parts of the sisters were explored creeped me out.

4 stars







Read from March 26 to 27, 2013





6. Unraveling (Unraveling, #1) - Elizabeth Norris

Unraveling is an awesome sci-fi book that had me on the edge of my seat the entire time! It took some time for me to get into the story, but once I did, I couldn't have turned these pages faster. This book is simply awesome! Can't wait to read the sequel!

4 stars







Read from March 27 to 28, 2013





7. Die for Me (Revenants, #1) - Amy Plum

This book is fantastic. I loved every single bit of this book: the setting in Paris, the element of the Revenants, just everything about Die for Me is stunning.

5 stars








Read from March 28 to 29, 2013





8. The Crown of Embers (Fire and Thorns, #2) - Rae Carson

I adore my high fantasy books, and The Crown of Embers was even better than the first book! This series is my favorite high fantasy series; it's just so engrossing and FANTASTIC! I am so reading The Bitter Kingdom soon! 

5 stars







Read on March 30, 2013





9. Teacher's Pest (Lovecraft, #3) - Charles Gilman

Definitely the best in the series so far! Which gives me hope, since this series gets better as the books progress. Howard is so creepy, and we get to see the basement of Lovecraft Middle School, and gosh, it was eerie. So excited for Substitute Creature!

4 stars






Read on March 30, 2013





10. Unwind (Unwind, #1) - Neal Shusterman 

Oh gosh, Unwind is amazing. It's scary, and honestly, terrifying. The concept of parents being able to "unwind" their kids scared the daylights out of me. And the scene where we get to see a character go through the Unwinding procedure?! Nightmares forever. I'm reading UnWholly, because Unwind was brilliant! 

5 stars







Did you have a great reading week? Let me know in the comments!

Happy reading!


1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked Unwind! Have it sitting on my shelf for ages! Lol. I better get to it. I really want to read The Madman's Daughter. I've been hearing lots of good stuff about it. Will get it soon.

    Leigh
    Little Book Star

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I read every comment and truly appreciate them. I would love to hear your thoughts! If you leave a comment, I'll be sure to leave a comment back on your blog ASAP! -Brad