Thursday, April 25, 2013

Brad About Books: Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell

Read from April 22 to 23, 2013
ELEANOR & PARK
Published: February 26, 2013
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Format: Hardcover
Page Count: 325 pages
Source: Publisher

Set over the course of one school year in 1986, ELEANOR AND PARK is the story of two star-crossed misfits – smart enough to know that first love almost never lasts, but brave and desperate enough to try. When Eleanor meets Park, you’ll remember your own first love – and just how hard it pulled you under.


Wow. That's literally all I can say: wow. This book is a stunning and amazing in every way possible. Eleanor & Park is an absolute must-read!

And I'm not a big fan of contemporary. I find realistic fiction just a tad boring and never appeals to me. I had heard so many good things about Eleanor & Park, and I knew I had to check it out. Luckily, I loved this novel. So much so, I can officially say that it's my favorite contemporary novel. Contemporary fans, non-contemporary fans, you must read this book. It's a story of first love, first heartbreak and discovering who you are in the world. I have been pushing this book onto everybody ever since I finished it, and I don't see that stopping anytime soon.

What makes this novel so great are the characters. They're so easy to fall in love with and care for; Rainbow Rowell did a fantastic job at crafting together these characters and making them feel real and authentic. I felt so bad for Eleanor the first time she enters the book, but I also felt so many emotions with her: I loved her and her ways, I was angry at her decisions, and I wanted her to get out of her awful home-life. Eleanor was my favorite part of Eleanor & Park, but Park was great too! Park is just so nice and caring to Eleanor - they're both misfits in the world, but they go together so well.

Everything about Eleanor & Park is wonderful. I can't find a single flaw with this novel, and it's become one of my favorite books. I'm looking forward to picking up more of Rowell's novels - she's become a promising author after this book! Love!

Overall, Eleanor & Park is a wonderful and heart-warming read. I'm not even sure how to end this review without repeating over and over "this book is amazing". Absolutely and highly recommended!

M Y   R A T I N G

1 comment:

  1. Yay oh my goodness, I am so glad you enjoyed this, Brad!! It is one of my new favourites, too! I loved Eleanor so much and Park was fantastic and I totally agree with everything you've said in your review! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I read every comment and truly appreciate them. I would love to hear your thoughts! If you leave a comment, I'll be sure to leave a comment back on your blog ASAP! -Brad