Sunday, April 21, 2013

Weekly Recap (5)

Welcome to my fifth weekly recap! Each week, I tell you what I read from Sunday to Saturday. They're always spoiler free, and I will be doing full reviews on them!

Books read from April 14 to April 21

Re-read from April 13 to 14, 2013





1. The Raven Boys (Raven Cycle, #1) - Maggie Stiefvater

This was actually a re-read for me, and I loved it even more the second time around! The first time, although I liked it, it was a bit slow and confusing. But now that I understood everything, everything fit right into place. I absolutely love The Raven Boys! Can't wait for The Dream Thieves!

5 stars






Read from April 14 to 15, 2013






2. Once (Eve, #2) - Anna Carey

Wow! Even better than Eve! I had some troubles with the first 30 pages, but after that, there was so much action and drama. Once was great!

4 stars







Read on April 15, 2013





3. Reboot (Reboot, #1) - Amy Tintera 

What a fast-paced and electric read! Reboot is one of a kind. I absolutely loved our strong and fierce protagonist, Wren, and just the idea of Reboots is insane! Love this book!

4 stars








Read from April 15 to 16, 2013





4. Storm (Elementals, #1) - Brigid Kemmerer

Fun, original and awesome, Storm packs a wild ride that can't be topped. I've never read a book like Storm, and it's one of the main reasons that I love this book. Also, the main character, Becca, is great!

4 stars







Read on April 16, 2013





5. Rush (The Game, #1) - Eve Silver

Rush is deadly, fantastic and a stunning YA debut. Miki was great, and the entire concept of the Game (fighting aliens; need I say more?) was brilliant!

4 stars








Read from April 16 to 17, 2013





6. Taken (Taken, #1) - Erin Bowman

I can't even begin to describe to you all my love for Taken. This book is fast-paced and simply fantastic. Love the characters, the world-building, everything about this book worked for me. A definite highlight for the year.

5 stars







Read from April 17 to 18, 2013





7. Dead Silence (Body Finder, #4) - Kimberly Derting

It's. Over. My mind can't handle this. I absolutely adore the Body Finder series, and it's over! Has anyone else noticed that 2013 is the year of series ending? I'm so sadden to see this series go, but this was a phenomenal final installment. 

5 stars







Read on April 18, 2013




8. Arise (Hereafter, #2) - Tara Hudson

I think I like the first book, Hereafter, a tiny bit more, but that doesn't mean Arise wasn't a great sequel. I loved being on another adventure with Amelia and Joshua, and they were in New Orleans in this book! Woo! I can't wait to see how everything wraps up in Elegy

4 stars







Read from April 18 to 19, 2013





9. The Compound (Compound, #1) - SA Bodeen

I really enjoyed The Compound! Definitely engaging and hooking, and I absolutely loved the premise of this book! I can't wait for the sequel!

4 stars








Read from April 19 to 20, 2013





10. Because It Is My Blood (Birthright, #2) - Gabrielle Zevin

I LOVE this series! And I honestly can't believe it, but Because It Is My Blood was even better than book one, All These Things I've Done! The first book was one of my most favorite reads of 2012, and this sequel lives up and surpasses it. I'm so sad but so excited for the final book!

5 stars






Read on April 20, 2013




11. Ruby Red (Ruby Red, #1) - Kerstin Gier

This novel is a major hit in Germany and was recently turned into a movie (if I can get a hold of the DVD with English subtitles, I'd love to watch it)! So going into it, I was expected to be wow-ed. And luckily, I was. The first couple of pages were confusing, but after awhile, everything meshed together nicely. I am in love with this story; I will definitely be picking up Sapphire Blue soon!

4 stars






Books Read This Week: 11
Books Read This Year: 79

Did you read anything good this past week? I'd love to know; leave them down in the comments!

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I read every comment and truly appreciate them. I would love to hear your thoughts! If you leave a comment, I'll be sure to leave a comment back on your blog ASAP! -Brad