Monday, April 8, 2013

Brad About Books: Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris

Read from March 26 to 27, 2013
UNRAVELING
Published: April 24, 2012
Publisher: Balzer + Bray (Harper)
Format: Hardcover
Page Count: 445 pages
Source: Amazon.com
Series: Unraveling, #1

Sixteen-year-old Janelle Tenner is used to having a lot of responsibility. She balances working as a lifeguard in San Diego with an intense academic schedule. Janelle's mother is bipolar, and her dad is a workaholic FBI agent, which means Janelle also has to look out for her younger brother, Jared.

And that was before she died...and is brought back to life by Ben Michaels, a mysterious, alluring loner from her high school. When she discovers a strange clock that seems to be counting down to the earth's destruction, Janelle learns she has twenty-four days to figure out how to stop the clock and save the planet.



Unraveling is one fast-paced and epic book! A race against the clock and characters you'll fall in love with, Unraveling is marvelous.

Even from page one, this book starts off with action. And believe me when I say that there is never a dull moment in Unraveling. So much action and so many secrets are revealed about this world, because this novel has so many twists and turns that I didn't see coming. I couldn't believe how smart and cleverly plotted that Unraveling was! It was superb!

Janelle was such an awesome character. I felt so many emotions with her character: I was rooting of her, then furious at her. I was sad, then happy. Elizabeth Norris did a phenomenal job with her character growth and development, and I adored it. But she's not the only good character: Ben was awesome too. The way he cared for Janelle and his character development was excellent as well!

And gosh, Unraveling was such a page-turner of a book! I read this 445 page book in the matter of 24 hours - I couldn't stop myself from turning these pages! This is one of the most fast-paced books I have ever read, which is one of the many reasons why I love this book. What a stellar debut!

Overall, Unraveling is one of my favorite books of the year. This novel makes a mark on the sci-fi genre!

M Y   R A T I N G

1 comment:

  1. AH I'm so glad you liked this one! I did the same, read it in 24 hours! It's so amazing! I totally loved it and the story and the characters.. I can't wait to see what comes next!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I read every comment and truly appreciate them. I would love to hear your thoughts! If you leave a comment, I'll be sure to leave a comment back on your blog ASAP! -Brad